Thursday 25 August 2011

Getting real

Being truthful - so how do I manage to talk myself into screwing up? Well, apparently I'm not that fat, I can eat what I want because I burn it off. Yep, occasionally my head is actually pretty honest with myself. But, every now and then it all turns to shit. You weren't allowed to have that, you've screwed it all up now, you've ruined your day, your week, your so going to put on weight come the next time your get on the scales. Your right, I have stuffed up. Well I'm here now, might as well enjoy it. Oh shit. What have I done. Must get rid of this. Yep, scoff some more, and more, because the more in the belly, the easier it is to bring it all up again, and the better the chances of bringing it all up, not leaving anything behind.

Crazy thoughts hey. The brain truly is a piece of work. Never again. Enough said.

And now for my excuses.

Excuse number 1 - you don't have to exercise today. Nope can't say this one pops up too often. Bootcamp 3 times a week (at 6 am no less). Gym classes a couple of times. Personal training session. And when I get the time a walk and even the occasional run. Like I said, no lack of exercise here. If I say no, it's usually because I'm forcing myself to have a rest day, not because I'm being a slacker.

Excuse number 2 - your not really that over weight, you can eat it. Well no, you want to loose weight don't you? There are better options, go find them.

Excuse number 3 - you can't burn the 1000+ calories your supposed to for a Super Saturday Session, and therefore worthy of Saturday nights 'treat meal'. That would take hours of cardio! Yes, so what, what else have you got to do. My resting heart rate is around 42 bpm. If I run flat chat (sprinting as fast as I can), it can reach 170ish, but I can only sustain this for ten or so minutes. A cardio-based Bootcamp session can get me up to 600 in 1 hour 15 minutes (hooyah), but most sessions are 400-520 depending on how much cardio we do. At the gym a Body Combat class will be lucky to get me to 400, and is more like 350, and a Step class, yes well, that's 350 on a good day and often much less and leaving me thinking that I should of got on the treadmill instead. Clearly not a cardio class, but Pump can often be less than 250! So, like I said, unless I can do heavy cardio for 2.5 hours or more, 1000 is a pretty hard task, and clearly my usual Step and Pump saturday morning combo is going to be well short. So ... lets add that to my goals. At least four 1000+ calorie SSS. Awesome, I do love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment