Sunday 1 January 2012

2011 was a pretty awesome year

Well 2011 ended yesterday, and I have to admit to being a bit sad to see it go. It was certainly a great year, and I feel that I accomplished a lot and learnt a tonne about myself along the way.

Here's some highlights:
  • got rid of 12 kg's
  • built some great friendships with an amazing bunch of girls from 12wbt
  • committed to 6 am Bootcamp 3 times a week (getting up at 4:40 am was the hard part)
  • got fitter
  • learnt to run, and was blown away with myself for actually finishing some fun runs (City to Bay, Glenelg Classic)
  • regained my self confidence - I can actually do shit if I set my mind to it
  • quit my job - and lined up a new one ready to start in January
  • relaxed in Fiji with Nath for a week
  • partied in Sydney with those above mentioned girls for the 12wbt finale.
Proud achievements:
  • ran my first ever fun runs - starting with a run leg of a group triathlon, City to Bay, Glenelg Classic
  • not only completed, but smashed the Westpac stair climb - great sense of achievement because my friends could relate to what it involved ('holy shit that's a lot of stairs in that time' kinda talk)
  • progressed through Bootcamp ranks: Ranger, Seal, Delta ... one more to go in 2012!
  • didn't let work get in the way of a good work out (well most of the time, but a darn lot better than 2010)
  • stopped drinking soft drink
  • significantly cut back on the crap food (sweet biscuits deserve a special mention!)
And some downfalls:
  • yet again let eating issues over rule my common sense.
Original Bootcamp North Adelaide 6 am Platoon (with our 'showbag' from BSc)
My Westpac Stairclimb results - ready to beat it in 2012!

Celebrating with a workout.


Me ... running, coming into the finish line of the 10 km Glenelg Classic (SA Road Runners event).

No comments:

Post a Comment