Wednesday 5 October 2011

Week 4 update on my goals

My actions and mindset goals:

  1. Be true to myself and fellow 12WBT'ers. No cheating.
    • 2 fails so far, but definately an improvement.
  2. Eat clean and where there's an option choose organic local produce. Next to no processed foods, especially diet foods full of artificial crap.
    • Passing with flying colours. I've really cut back on processed foods (just the occasional BodyWise bar, vita-weat 9 grains, and a little chocolate on Saturdays, oh and a couple of chocolate paddle-pops). Raw fruit and veg, and yoghurt are now my normal snacks. To date 0 Pepsi-max, 0 artifically sweetened anything!
  3. Exercise, exercise, exercise. This is the fun and easy part!
    • Pass! Yep, easy. Had a week 'off' whilst away from work but worked long physically active days outdoors (and managed to loose weight that week). This week (Monday's public holiday) I missed my first Bootcamp session that wasnt explained by being away or sick. I bloody well slept through my alarm.
  4. Continue to exercise when I'm busy, overworked, tired and grumpy. No excuses, work does not come first.
    • Pass! So far so good.
My measurable goals:

  1. Drop 4 kgs during the 12 weeks, getting me nicely within the healthy BMI weight range.
    • 2.2 kg to go as of Wednesday Week 4. So far I've been up and down like a yoyo - a few hundred on, a few hundred off.
  2. Loose centimetres off those thighs and hips. Tone up and get those muscles showing.
    • I'll do the measurements by the end of this week. I haven't really noticed much change ... except for my boobs. Yes that's right, my 12 b-cups are now a bit too saggy. Bloody well hope 10b is the answer (grr if it means an a, holy shit!)
  3. Improve fitness tests. 12WBT: all advanced category and at least 1 minute off the 1 km run by the end of the round. Bootcamp benchmarks: 1 minute off benchmark 1, and 30 seconds off benchmark 2. Cobbler Creek trail run: 5 minutes off (without the dogs).
    • On track. The Bootcamp benchmarks are going to be difficult though as I'm not able to do it in November (will be away too much), which only leaves for a big improvement come December.
  4. Smash the skipping rope challenge (1000+ skips per week, increasing over the weeks, and challenging the skill level required).
    • Fail. Have some serious catching up to do.
  5. Complete the 12 km of City to Bay running as much of it as I can.
    • Smashed it. 67 minutes. Ran most of the way except 4 of 5 brief walking periods to blow my nose (I had a cold, poor me) and re-organise my tissue supply etc. I was really happy with my time, and how I felt, if only I pushed harder!!! Definately wasn't sore or too buggered after, and now I'm just disappointed the re-match (yes, with myself) is another year away.
  6. At least four 1000+ calorie Super Saturday Sessions! Acknowledging there are supposed to be 12.
    • Haven't cracked it yet. Last Saturdays (week 3) 8 km run around the Torrens was the closest with a bit over 700 cals.
  7. Complete some long-distance (20+ km) walks. This will be a good lead up to next years goals!
    • Not yet, but the 18 km Trailblazer is this coming Saturday.
  8. Finish the Westpac building stair-run.
    • Next (week 5) Friday! And I'm not feeling at all prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment