Sunday 19 February 2012

Catch-up time!

Well clearly I've been a bit busy to blog, either that or just slack!

So here's a little wrap-up of the rest of my round 1 pre-season.

Bootcamp Benchmarks
Well I did do the January benchmark for Bootcamp, my time for benchmark 1 was an improvement, with another 20 seconds shaved off, however benchmark 2 was a couple of seconds slower. Although a bit disappointing, just goes to show that I'm hanging in there doing my best.

Unfortunately I went away for work the week the February benchmark was held, so I didn't get to do it, oh well. There's always March :-)

Pre-season Tasks
Well, I set my round 1 tasks, all about improving the fitness, skimming off some benchmark times, fitness test improvements, and toning up. And then Mish goes ahead and announces theres a half marathon running program for the first time ever. Oohhh I like a challenge, so now my goals are all running based (well, tidy up the eating and shed a few kgs still).

I'm now aiming to finish the half marathon at the Barossa Marathon, Saturday 26th May. That gives me a couple of weeks after we get back from Nepal. For now, I'm focussing on increasing distance and total time running, and will soon shift to increasing speed.

Fridge, pantry, and stashes cleaned up.

Geared-up, new shoes, new socks for all that running, oh and a new hat - purely to keep my hair out of face.



No comments:

Post a Comment