Sunday 19 February 2012

Round 1 (2012) Bloggers Challenge - Week 1


And with the kick off of round 1, comes the kick off of the blogging challenge. This challenge is organised by the lovely Whirlsie at http://nutritionally-yours.blogspot.com.au/

So, here goes ....

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What makes you, you?

Well, My name is Sally, this is my third round, and I am my own worst enemy. I remember when I was at my largest, just wishing that someone would tell me what to do - what to eat, what exercise was needed to lose weight. Well that person, is here, Michelle Bridges, rolled up into the 12WBT. I'm now far from my largest, but still with a desire to lose just a few more kilos, not much, I'm not greedy, just 3 kgs is my goal!!!

I'm 34, with no children, a lovely partner, and 2 border collies. We live in the suburbs in Adelaide.

Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?

I decided to do this round purely because I don't like missing out! I'm here to lose the last few kilos. Get the direction I really do need, plus the support of others along the way.

What are you hoping to achieve through the program?

I want to come out being happy, content with the new slim me, and nicer/kinder to myself. I want to know that I can run a half marathon!

Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (eg, food, exercise, a bit of everything?)

I like words, I like to write. It keeps me on track. My main focus is on exercise, no food, no exercise, ... all of the above!

How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture?

Hmm a mixture, definitely a mixture. I do Bootcamp 3 times a week (6 am), a couple of gym classes (Body Combat, Attack, the occasional Pump, and I'd really like to find the time for the odd RPM). As running is a focus this round, I'm aiming for my SSS to be a long run, with at least one interval session during the week.

Now for that other exercise during the program. I'll be outdoors for 4 weeks trekking to Everest Base Camp. Yeah! that's outdoors :-)

What is your greatest strength that will help you?

My stubbornness is my strength. But also my weakness. I won't fail, I won't give up ... I'll just procrastinate a little and work myself up ... trying not to beat myself up!

What are you afraid of?

Ohhh, I'm no scaredy cat. Failure I guess. Not making the most of the opportunity.

What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?

Learning to run, enjoying to run. Running. Smashing the Everest trek knowing my fitness didn't let me down!

What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this?

Hmm well, that'll be food. But more so my headspace around food. As a former (emphasis on former, it's been nearly 2 months) bulimic, mindless eating is the devil inside me.

If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?

EVEREST!

2 comments:

  1. What a great motivator!

    Have you always had Everest base camp on your goal list, or is it something that 12wbt has brought out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I've always been up for an adventure. Everest Base camp has always been on my partners to do list, but I always thought of it as just being a pipe dream that would never eventuate. I guess 12wbt has taught me I can push myself a lot further than what I used to think! ... Fingers crossed I keep beliving that during the 21 day trek!

      Delete